FEATURE YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS HERE!

Email fantasticmasticbeach@yahoo.com about free promotional opportunities and low cost advertising.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Getting Around Town

I just went for a haircut to Mona, the best hair dresser in Mastic Beach, and was pleased to see the community banding together again. Mona own's N & R Cool Cuts by the Mastic Beach post office and she talked to me about legislator Kate Browning coming in to visit the local shopkeepers with a petition about the WBLI situation. I told her about my recent Associated article and we talked about local merchants who were supporting our community and working toward improving its face. She was offering business cards from Norma's Deli & Grill (a new, great little place for sandwiches with terrific prices). Mona also had a sign up featuring a free pizza from Pizza Time with 10 haircuts (on the other side of that, Pizza Time offers a free haircut with ten pizzas).

I love living in a community where everyone is so supportive of each other, where legislators visit business owners and business owners promote one another. I've lived all over Suffolk County throughout the course of my life and never saw such a tight-knit community as Mastic Beach. Get in on it by supporting your local merchants and having pride in the place you live!

No comments: