FEATURE YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS HERE!

Email fantasticmasticbeach@yahoo.com about free promotional opportunities and low cost advertising.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Are You Ready For The Holidays? I'm Not, But...


On a day like today, we're all still thinking of summer. As my husband and kids go fishing, I'm working on several projects today. I keep taking breaks to blog about the community events coming up. Now that I've covered Halloween and Veterans' Day, it seems only natural to think about the holidays.

Am I ready for them? Not yet - I'm still shopping for back to school supplies and haven't even thought about what the kids will be for Halloween. (Well, we thought about it but didn't get anything yet.) Money is tight and we've saving for the holidays and hoping MI HEAP comes through. Despite those facts, the community marches on to plan the 39th Annual Mastics & Shirley Christmas Parade. The parade will be on December 7 at 12 PM at the Southport shopping center where Kohls is located. The rain/snow date for the parade is December 14.

Christmas Parade Grand Marshals are Paul Breschard, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Pattersquash Creek and Ray Hopp, Deputy Director of Colonial Youth & Family Services. Co-chairmen of the parade are Anthony Liberti and Fred Towle, Jr. For more information about supporting the parade, call 631-281-5500, ext. 103. Send donations to Chamber of Commerce of the Mastics and Shirley, PO Box 4, Mastic, NY 11950. I just can't bring myself to say Merry Christmas yet...not when it's 80 degrees, anyway...

No comments: